Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Qs and As with Jade Bridgwood




What is your name?
Jade Bridgwood

Where do you live?
South London

What and where did you study?
I studied a degree in illustration at Camberwell College of Arts, graduating this summer just gone.

Where do you get your inspiration from?
Wikipedia

Do you think it possible in the present climate for illustrators, particularly newly graduated illustrators to survive solely on illustration as a means of income?
I don't know the answer to this yet. If you ask me in 1 years time I'll be able to give you a fully equipped answer. I've just graduated and I'm still trying to find my illustration feet. However, with a positive approach and dedication, I think it is definitely possible.

What do you think about the competition we ran and why did you submit?
I like it when repeat patterns are used for decoration and something a human might need (like wrapping paper).

What do you feel about projects like this one, which bring artists from all backgrounds and stages together on a project?
It's really encouraging for us new graduates to be 'accepted' and reassures us that we’re investing into the right thing/career when groups like yourselves make something of the work.
Do you think there is elitism in the illustration world?
I don't think so. I've never encountered it anyway. I think you'll go far if you don't copy other illustrators and keep working hard.

What are you working on at the moment?
I have just finished a drawing for The Nest, a new club, opening in October, which promotes music and art.

Who or what would you most like to work on/with?
I've never really thought about this. As I still feel like a seedling. But if I had my way, I would like to work with maybe NASA who would tell me how the world will end (or not) and I could draw it for them.

Where can we see more of your work?

No comments:

Post a Comment