Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Brianne Farley vs. Andrew Walker







Brianne Farley in white Vs. Andrew Walker in black

Andrew Walker:

I am a London based illustrator and designer originally from West Yorkshire. My career in art and design began with a BA in 3D design at Manchester Met University, where I specialized in innovative furniture based on simple construction and manufacture.

Through design, drawing has become the backbone of my thinking and making. This has led me to focus my interests in Graphic Illustration.

My work now explores the everyday and mundane realities with wit and satire using imagery that others can relate to. My ideas come from my own experiences such as conversation, people perception, collected imagery and current events.

I use a range of materials and techniques from pencil, watercolour, acrylic paint, spray paint and silk screen-printing.

I am currently working as a freelance illustrator and co-founder/designer for a bespoke hand-printed t-shirt label Homework Collective.



Brianne Farley is a Midwestern Yankee who is hiding away in Savannah, Georgia, finishing her MFA at the Savannah College of Art and Design and working as a freelance illustrator and children's book designer. You can see her work and send her a hello at
briannefarley.com.


I made these Fishbirds after a particularly strange dream in which my sister and I were having a fight while snorkeling, and all around us were these birds that lived underwater. They remind me of that saying, "A fish and a bird may fall in love, but where will they build their home?" Well these little Fishbirds build it wherever the hell they like.


No comments:

Post a Comment